Churches play a crucial role in the leadership development of our youth. We invite you to partner with us as we prepare the next generation of leadership for God’s Kingdom. Please consider nominating youth from your congregation or faith community and taking steps to prepare, support and sustain your young leaders.
Cost of Dig
The majority of the expense for this three week residential program is covered by grants and generous donors to Calvin Theological Seminary. Although the actual expenses of the program are around $4,000 per student, the program fee for this life-changing experience is only $500.
Typically, a student’s family pays this program fee, but some churches choose to pay the $500 program fee on behalf of the families of students who are unable to cover the cost. We also encourage the churches of our student participants to consider making a minimum donation of $200 to help cover some of the cost of the program. Your church can send make an online donation here or by sending a check, made out to Calvin Theological Seminary to:
Office of Admissions
Calvin Theological Seminary
3233 Burton ST. SE Grand Rapids, MI
Creative Ways to Raise Funds
- Take a loose change collection at a worship service.
- Invite groups in your church (Bible Studies, Sunday School classes, small groups, etc) to ask your nominated student(s) to speak to them either before or after the program. Have these groups consider helping with the expenses.
- Set up a Go Fund Me account and invite all members of the congregation to contribute.
- Hold a bake sale after worship.
- Ask the Youth, Evangelism, Worship or Missions committee to contribute.
Preparing A Student for Dig
- Add the student to your pray list
- Create a prayer calendar for everyday of the Dig program and schedule members of your congregation to commit to pray on a certain day.
- Schedule a Sunday to commission your student in worship (liturgy will be available Feb 2017)
- Highlight your student and the Dig program in the church newsletter, website, Facebook page or any other communication your congregation utilizes
- Identify mentors/liaisons within your congregation who will communicate with your student throughout the program. These mentors/liaisons will also commit to follow up with the student after the program to create opportunities to report back to the congregation and to use the student in leadership positions.